We can assist if you need to change the name on the title to your property.  This is called a Transfer of Equity.  If you have mortgage on your property you must first obtain the lenders consent to the Transfer and you do not as part of your Transfer intend to re-mortgage.  We can act on your behalf to transfer the names on the deeds and also re-mortgage for you at the same time if required.  As part of the transaction, we will draft the Transfer Deed and obtain signatures in order for us to complete the Transfer. 

We can assist if you are wanting to transfer your property to a family member or if you would like to add somebody to the title of your property.  We can also assist if you require your name to come off a title and deal as part of the transaction with the other parties solicitor.  On completion, we will register the Deed on your behalf as part of our services. 

Before you enter into a Transfer you may wish to check the affect the transfer will have in relation to taxes payable including, First Time Buyers stamp duty exemption, Stamp Duty on any consideration being paid, Capital Gains Taxes and Inheritance Tax.

Property Law services you may find helpful

Related insights from our blog

We're here to help

We are always happy to answer any questions regarding your legal concerns. All enquiries are confidential and important to us.

Call us on 01925 263 273

Email us at enquiries@fionabruce.co.uk

    By submitting an enquiry, you understand that the information you provide is subject to our privacy policy and terms.